The purpose of the Hall of Fame is to establish a method for honoring former student-athletes and individuals who have made a positive impact on the school and community alike, as well as to provide role models for today’s student-athletes.
The first induction to the Lee Academy Athletic Hall of Fame was held in October of 2011.
Lee Academy Athletic Hall of Fame Members:
Click on a name for a photo and bio.
Shelby (Pickering) Bradford
Marvin “Mardi” Crocker
Michelle (Severance) Isham
Deidra (Ham) McIntosh
Criteria for student-athletes are:
- Superior accomplishments at Lee Academy, such as All-State, All-Conference, or other significant accolades.
- A graduate of Lee Academy at least 5 years prior to nomination.
- Has clearly demonstrated integrity, sportsmanship, and citizenship before and after graduation.
Criteria for coaches, administrators, and special contributors are:
- Significant contributions made to the athletic program, taking into account longevity, overall coaching record, and championships.
- Retirement from their position at Lee Academy.
On rare occasions teams may be inducted.
Candidates may be nominated between June 1st and August 1st of each year. In order for a candidate to be considered, the form must be completely filled out and returned to the Athletic Director by August 1st. Once a candidate is nominated and deemed worthy of nomination by the committee, his or her nomination stays on file and is considered each year. The selection committee will meet in August to vote on the inductees, who will then be notified.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT A NOMINATION ONLINE OR BY MAIL.
Two Lee Academy athletes to be inducted into school’s hall of fame / Bangor Daily News (October 2014)
Five to be Inducted into Lee Academy Hall of Fame / Bangor Daily News (October 2013)
Lee Academy to induct 5 former student-athletes into Hall of Fame / Bangor Daily News (September 2012)